Reflector Error - "bind error port, vid_sock :"

Craig Miller (cvmiller@uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu)
Thu, 18 May 1995 17:38:17 -1000

For what it is worth, I have the same problem on my Sparcstation 2 running
solaris 2.4 (Reflector v3.0b1).

I too would like info on how to do an immediate restart. Also while I am at
it, is there anyway to end a client session on a reflector (with out
restarting)? Occationally folks park on our reflector, and then leave their
office/room/whatever for the day. It would be nice to bump them without
restarting the entire reflector.

Craig..

>Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 12:13:25 -0400 (EDT)
>From: "david a. schlussel" <dschluss@engin.umich.edu>
>To: Dawn Brietzke <dawn@haas.berkeley.edu>
>Cc: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>Subject: Re: Reflector Error
>

>I have the same problem on a Sparc5,
>if i wait about 5 minutes and try again I have no trouble.
>Does anyone know why there is a wait, and how to flush
>the socket for immediate re-start?
>
>-david
>
>On Mon, 15 May 1995, Dawn Brietzke wrote:
>
>> I'm running a reflector on a SPARCstation 10 with SunOS 4.1.3.
>>
>> After a system crash, I tried starting the reflector and I got the
>> following error message; "bind error port, vid_sock : Address already in
>> use: FATAL ERROR: EXITING". Is there something I need to clear?
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks..
>> Dawn Brietzke Work: (510) 642-4887
>> Haas Computing Center Home: (510) 943-7305
>> University of California Berkeley E-mail: dawn@haas.berkeley.edu

Craig Miller 808/539-3661
Digital Media Lab Coordinator 808/539-3833 fax
University of Hawaii cvmiller@uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu

"To Web, or not to Web, that is the question...."