Re: Videologic Captivator Qs

TERSiAN Dauthi -=Coolio Shiznitz=- (tersian@leba.net)
Fri, 26 May 1995 03:25:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 May 1995, John Faherty wrote:

> > I _had_ a captivator card... it didn't work, sent it back... but before I
> > did, I spent about 40$ in LD calls to thier tech support about some of
> > the same problems. The mouse moves slow because you have the old CapSnap
> > drivers that come with the program, you will need to call Video Logic and
> > they will give you thier BBS number to call and get the update. More $$$.
>
> Just for the record, I purchased a VideoLogic Captivator board (the $ 99
> board, not the $ 199 Pro/TV board) directly from VideoLogic. I have installed

Fine, you bought the expensive one... I have never used that one, and it
is not the one I am complaining about.

> and used in on a Packard Bell PC, and 3 different Digital PC models, running
^^^^^^^I am sorry... Packard Bell is garbage also.
Look at your motherboard... do you see the word "Tandy" anywhere? I feel
sorry for you if you have to work on these machines on a daily basis,
they are truely an entry-level machine.

> Windows 3.1, Windows for Workgroups 3.11, and Windows95 final beta. I
> have not had a single problem, and have been broadcasting over Digital's
> Wide Area Network for almost a month now. I also use it from home over
> Trumpet Winsock running PPP, again without a SINGLE problem. I'd swear by this
> board. It hasn't failed me yet, and works just GREAT with CU-SeeMe. I've
> never once had to call VideoLogic about a problem, driver or not, because I've
> never had a problem (perhaps I got the correct driver with the board because I
> purchased direct from VideoLogic).

Thats all fine and dandy if you want to pay retail, but for some of us
retail is a bit extravigant.

tersian