Re: Videologic Captivator Qs

John D. Balogh, +1 814 863 1252 (JohnBalogh@psu.edu)
Fri, 26 May 1995 10:13:58 -0400

Tersian Dauthi <tersian@leba.net>,

John Faherty <faherty@csse.enet.dec.com> wrote:

>> Just for the record, I purchased a VideoLogic Captivator board (the $ 99
>> board, not the $ 199 Pro/TV board) directly from VideoLogic. [...]
>> I have not had a single problem, [...]

To which you replied:

>Fine, you bought the expensive one...

No. You said you bought "a captivator card". John said he bought
a "Captivator board". They are the same thing I believe.
John went on to say "not the $ 199 Pro/TV board".

>I have never used that one, and it
>is not the one I am complaining about.

It appears you did not read John's note carefully.

>> and used in on a Packard Bell PC, and 3 different Digital PC models,
> ^^^^^^^I am sorry... Packard Bell is garbage also.

Interesting that the "garbage" worked without "a single problem",
but your machines were not up to the task.

>>I've never once had to call VideoLogic about a problem, driver or not,
>>because I've never had a problem (perhaps I got the correct driver with
>>the board because I purchased direct from VideoLogic).

It may have been worth the $10 extra to buy direct if that is the case
(price comparison to Tiger software's $89 price posted here earlier).

>Thats all fine and dandy if you want to pay retail, but for some of us
>retail is a bit extravigant.

Agreed, $10 price difference is very "extravigant".
But you said that you went out and paid MORE than the retail price of
the MORE EXPENSIVE VideoLogic board:

>I run a Aztech Gamma Galaxy Card, not TOO expensive[...]
>If anyone wants one of these cards I can get one for about
>210$ plus tax and S&H.

If the $99 retail board was "a bit extravigant", why is
$210 "not TOO expensive"? That appears to be more than twice the amount.

>Vice-President
>Modern Wizards Computing
>717-867-1736

I'm sure your experiences with installing simple hardware will cause
us all to come knocking at your door for support contracts. Your pricing
structure seems agressive also. What else do you sell?

Have a nice weekend.

John Balogh