Re: Videologic Captivator Qs

Leigh Webber (lwebber@MR.Net)
Fri, 26 May 1995 16:24:25 -0500

>On Thu, 25 May 1995, John Faherty wrote:
>
>> > I _had_ a captivator card... it didn't work, sent it back... but before I
>> > did, I spent about 40$ in LD calls to thier tech support about some of
>> > the same problems. The mouse moves slow because you have the old CapSnap
>> > drivers that come with the program, you will need to call Video Logic and
>> > they will give you thier BBS number to call and get the update. More $$$.
>>
>> Just for the record, I purchased a VideoLogic Captivator board (the $ 99
>> board, not the $ 199 Pro/TV board) directly from VideoLogic. I have
installed

>Fine, you bought the expensive one... I have never used that one, and it
>is not the one I am complaining about.

I bought the $99 version, direct from VideoLogic. Works like a charm, right
out of the box, no mods, no fuss. Is this what you mean by the "expensive one"?

>> and used in on a Packard Bell PC, and 3 different Digital PC models, running
> ^^^^^^^I am sorry... Packard Bell is garbage also.
>Look at your motherboard... do you see the word "Tandy" anywhere? I feel
>sorry for you if you have to work on these machines on a daily basis,
>they are truely an entry-level machine.

Whoa, lighten up! :-) I thought it was *you* who were having trouble with
your setup, not the Packard-Bell owner who replied to your question. Maybe
*your* machine is the headache-prone one, not the P-B.