Re: Satellite CU-SeeMe

Carol J Qazi (cqazi@sparta.sjsu.edu)
Fri, 26 May 1995 23:06:43 -0700 (PDT)

This satellite stuff sounded good until I went the web page and read the
small print. I did a rough calculation to
figure out how much it would run and I came up with an absurdly high
figure. It certainly is not something for the "average" user. Perhaps,
high-powered corporate executives could pay for it and use the service to
their benefit.

Satellite technology is still expensive. Building the things and putting
them into orbit is costly and a few companies have a monopololy. When
the Japanase start mass producing satellites and put them out there in a
veritable Milky Way, then we can all have
accounts on them to up-link with other people around the world.