Re: Yee-hah! New reflector version 32

Stan Borinski (stanb@internic.net)
Mon, 29 May 1995 04:44:16 -0400 (EDT)

> > >Same here. I tried the full path in FTP and still no luck.
> >
> > Why are you guys trying to ftp the files? You can't just substitute "ftp"
> > for "http" wherever you want to. The files are delivered via HTTP.
>
> This nearly works:
>
> http://www.indstate.edu/mstattler/sci-tech/Cu-SeeMe/CUSeeMe_Nicknames.hqx"
>
> You must save it as text and then drop it to stuffit expander.
>
> M.Sattler should also stop blaming others and fix his link.
> HTTP"ftp:./CUSeeMe_Nicknames.txt" is not working for anybody else than himself.
>
> Tuomas

Whoa, Tuomas! Mr. Sattler is doing us all a big favor by compiling this
list and making it available. Regardless of any typos/errors he might make
in doing so, you should keep that in mind.

That said, I think I sent him a message about this a while back (see below).

In essence, he needs to make it an http HREF *explicitly*. I don't know what
the HTML source looks like from his end, but in any viewer other than Mac
Netscape, it looks like:
The definitive <A HREF="ftp:./CUSeeMe_Nicknames.hqx">CU-SeeMe Reflector
List </A>

Even viewing the source from Mac Netscape shows this. However, Mac Netscape
resolves it correctly, and performs an http connection vs. an ftp connection.
Weird!

Sorry for the bandwidth folks,
Stan

P.S. - Mike, move the '<' from the /HEAD tag to the H1 tag on your Macintosh
Video FAQ. ;)
P.P.S. - And Cornell, don't forget to update your reflector MOTD to "reflect"
the current Windows and reflector versions. ;)