Re: cuseeme and win95

David Wilson (david.wilson@stonebow.otago.ac.nz)
Thu, 1 Jun 1995 08:44:46 +1200

Yvonne, sorry to dissapoint you, but a MacIIci does not have a Mic input
jack. I have found this out the hard way too. only option as I can see it
is to purchase a quickcam, which has an inbuilt mic and connects to the
serial port (modem or printer port) these are realtively inexpensive approx
$100US.

Yvonne,

Yes, just go to your local computer store and pick up a microphone. Plug
it into you microphone jack, in the back of your Ci and your hardware
configuration is completed. Add Apple's Sound Manager extension, I think
you can get it at Info-Mac, and you are in business... That is it!

Good Luck and CU around,

Joe

On Tue, 30 May 1995, Yvonne Marie Andres wrote:

> Global SchoolNet received a donated Macintosh IIci with a VideoSpigot card
> to use with our students.
>
> Can anyone recommend a simple and inexpensive hardware solution to allow
> audio (as well as video) CU-SeeMe conferencing?
>
> Thanks...Yvonne
>
> <<*>><<*>><<*>><<*>><<*>><<*>><<*>><<*>>
> Yvonne Marie Andres, Global Schoolhouse/Global SchoolNet Foundation
> 7040 Avenida Encinas 104-281, Carlsbad, CA 92009
> WWWeb http://gsn.org
> Voice (619) 433-3413 FAX (619) 931-5934 email: andresyv@cerf.net

| DAVID WILSON |
| Geology Dept |