Re: Gettting CU-SeeMe to work w/ PMac 7500

Brad Ferrell (brad@sunset.hob.com)
Wed, 1 May 1996 10:15:43 -0700

>Date: Wed, 1 May 96 09:13:42 -0500
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: U2 <U2@apple.com>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Re: Gettting CU-SeeMe to work w/ PMac 7500
> "CU-SEEME ListServe Address" <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>
>>Does anyone have any experience using Cu-SeeMe on a PowerMac 7500? I have a
>>Sony Handycam connected to the Mac's Video-input port,I'm running system
>>7.5.3 and have set my color depth to the lowest setting of 256
>>colors/grays. All the video-in options in Cu-SeeMe are grayed out and my
>>personal video window doesn't appear. I can receive video fine. I've also
>>tested my video hardware by running the Apple Video Player and also tried
>>Quicktime Conferencing w/ success.
>
>If your own video does not appear, try turning off Virtual Memory.
>
>UK

You must be pluged into the s-vhs input with an s-vhs connection.
CUSM doesn't recognize the s-video to composite adapter tht apple ships
with the a/v machines. Also download the new enhanced beta from white pine
the settings are much more comprehensive.

Brad Ferrell

House of Blues New Media
8439 Sunset Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90069