Re: Internet Phone

James Crittenden (jamesc3@ix.netcom.com)
Wed, 1 May 1996 12:25:41 -0700

At 01:32 PM 4/30/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone know how to make Cu-Seeme work with internet phone.
>
>Michael Frey
>email: mfrey@canvas.com
>

>Dear Mike:

I am surprised there are not more people asking this particular question.
This is what I have been able to notice with my cpu and using the iphone in
conjuction w/cuseeme.

1. It works as great add-in from direct #ip to direct #ip, (person to person).
2. when you are receiving audio try not to move in the camera much or freeze
your frame. Even at 28.8 the bandwith is constantly adjusting for the
visual and the audio. If you move around it jumbles the sound and it
would difficult to comprehend the other party on the other end.

3. Based on prefenrence I connect w/the iphone first and then cuseeme.
Since iphone is on a server and cuseeme is direct it works better that
way for me.

4. last, use the iphone to find others with cuseeme. I ask them can I
connect they give me the approval and boom I am speaking and see someone
from the otherside of the country.

Cuseeme has not been able to figure the audio for win 60 - pentium systems
yet I feel and I am able to send audio but not receive that well. The
iphone solves that for me and it makes the experience that much more enjoyable.

Also try Freevue. The site is www.freevue.com. They have something that
may interest a lot of people and images w/the connectix are very clear.
Plus it has better audio output.

Hope this helps.

James