Re:disocnnecting and audio problems

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Thu, 02 May 1996 23:18:48 -0500

>Date: Thu, 02 May 1996 01:52:05 -0500
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: "Robert St. John" <saint@main.com>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: disocnnecting and audio problems
>
>I am set up under windows 95 with a SB-16 audio card, no microphone and
>no quick cam (yet). Plenty of memor and CPU.
>
>I have a 28.8 modem using the MS dial-up adaptor.
>
>Most of the time when I connec to a reflector. Things seem PAINFUL
>slow. Any suggestions on how to tweak performance.

Use NOTEPAD to open the file c:\windows\cuseeme.ini and look for the following:

[Flow Control]
MaxCap=24
MinCap=10
MaxRecvCap=24
MinRecvCap=10
CurrentRecvCap=25
UseFlowControl=Yes

change the maxrecvcap to 24 and the minrecvcap to 10, like mine are. Once
you get a video device, you can change these values from within CU-SeeMe.

>Also, I my audio does not apear to work. Any suggestion.

Man I hate that. Audio is the worst part of CU. Make sure that your sound
card ddrivers are insalled properly, and that you have selected the
appropriate drivers in CU-seeMe. Once your settings have been changed, you
may get some audio, but at 28.8 it won't be GREAT audio.

>Finally, for some relectors, the "disconnect" does not seem to work. If
>I disconnect, I still get SLOW video. If I quit, then startup again,
>it automatically connects me to the last site.
>
>The only way for me to reset is to log out of my TCP/IP session and
>reconnect with my ISP.

The data can get "backed up" at your ISP. Once you disconnect, wait about a
minute before attempting to connect to another reflector. This works for
me. If you have an external modem, you can watch the lights to tell when
the data has stopped being sent to your PC.

>I was hoping that someone could resolve these issues BEFORe I bought a
>quickcam. Which I really want badly!
>
>thanks
>Robert St. John
>saint@main.com