re: Q: 7.5.3+OT1.1/Screen freeze and lost connection when starting audio sending]

Morrissey (mozzer@dakgraphics.com)
Sat, 04 May 1996 09:28:01 -0700

Claudio G. Frigerio wrote:

> Since I use System 7.5.3 with Open Transport 1.1 the CU-SeeMe
> connection freezes and the Internet-Access through the modem gets lost
> as soon as I start transmitting audio (on push).
>
> This happened with the Cornell Version 0.83b3 as with the WhitePine
> Enhanced beta version.
> No probme as long as I used 7.5.2 with no OT. All this is done on a
> 8500/120 with external video8-cam
> Did you get simila reports from others? I switched off all unneeded
> extensions! No change!
>
> Thanks for any idea!
>
> Claudio Frigerio
> cfrigerio@mus.ch

I am running OS 7.5.3 on a 9500/132 with Open Transport 1.1 and a
moderate number of extensions (none turned off). I am not using RAM
Doubler or Virtual Memory and have 80MB of physical RAM. I am using
Enhanced CU-SeeMe with a Colour QuickCam and an Apple mic.

I have had minimal problems other than an occasional Type 11 error crash
which happens periodically in any application.

I was experiencing some problems where my image was appearing distorted
to others but those went away after deleting the preferences file.

Seems to me it should work on the 8500/120.