Re: Mobile CU?

Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Sun, 05 May 1996 18:22:08 -0500

Veneer of Deniability wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone has attempted, or even
> knows of an attempt, to use CU-SeeMe from a mobile
> feed, such as a car phone or even a wearable.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin Bjorke
>
> kb, aka bjorke@pixar.com
> Pixar Animation Studios
> -- nana-korobi ya-oki --

Greetings:
I cannot vouch for other cellular phone dealers, but mine (Ameritech) has this
promotion where for a dollar (USD $1.00) extra a month, you'll receive a special
modem-to-cellular interface cable and a data quality phone connection.
I guess this works, but I haven't tried it. If it does, CU-SeeMe's performance
would depend on the quality of your cellular connection ON TOP OF the rest of the
normal issues associated with telecommunications inter-networking.

Hope this helps,

PHONE: (JOB) HUN-TING "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"