Re Mobile CU?

Ian Simmins (isimmins@eclipse.co.uk)
Mon, 6 May 1996 10:13:52 +0100

>Date: Sun, 5 May 96 02:15 PDT
>From: bjorke@pixar.com (Veneer of Deniability)
>To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>Subject: Mobile CU?
>

>I'm wondering if anyone has attempted, or even
>knows of an attempt, to use CU-SeeMe from a mobile
>feed, such as a car phone or even a wearable.

Yes I do know of someone who does this. (Are you there Einar?) The major
cellular phone standard in Europe, South Africa, Australia etc. not in the
US (I think) is the GSM Digital system. The total bandwidth of the GSM
carrier signal is about 13K, when you take into account error correction
etc the maximum data transfer rate is 9600 Baud, This is of a better
quality than 9600 on a domestic phone line as the GSM signal will be 100%
digital.

Ian Simmins, Devon, England isimmins@eclipse.co.uk

European Telework Online: http://www.eto.org.uk/

My Home Page: http://www.eclipse.co.uk/isimmins/index.html