Re: CUSeeME in a web page....

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Tue, 07 May 1996 09:07:20 -0700

At 01:17 PM 5/4/96 -0400, you wrote:

>I wold like to have my cam on and feed images in a web page, so that, for
>instance, i could check home at a distance, or see my family if all i have
>access to is a browser.
>
>Is there something out there that feeds captures from the camera at regular
>intervals? omething more "live" like CUSeeMe would be even better!
>

>Thanks,
>Laurent.

Hello Laurent,

I noted in Connectix' announcement of its new color cam that is going to
include software which allows exactly the situation you mentioned: the
camera takes pictures on a regular basis (once every 15 minutes for example)
and links them to your web page for "real time" viewing. I don't know if
this software will be included in any future update to Connectix' software
for its b&w cameras, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were... You should
have a look at www.connectix.com.

At the moment, there are no video codecs included with the net browsers, but
now that audio codecs are available (CoolTalk in Netscape Navigator 3.0) it
is just a matter of time until there will be video ones as well.

Regards,
Dennis

Systems Consultant | CIS: 71036,1645
| CUSeeMe: strev.mobius.net
"Future Technologies in Medicine" +------------------------------
"International Software Development | 415 239-1441
Methodologies" | 415 469-9476 fax
"Human-Computer Interface Design +------------------------------
for Casual Users" | 127 Lake Merced Hill