Videophone vs. CU and "hi tech"

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Tue, 07 May 1996 09:07:22 -0700

At 11:49 AM 5/4/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear Cuseeme buddies:
>
>I have been experimenting with the cuseeme stuff now for about a month and
>have it running really well off a 14.4 w/out a cam. However, I am running
>it at home w/a cam at 288 and that seems to be no problem when traffic is low.
>
>My question is more dealing with the software that comes with the quickcam.
>It is called *connectix videoconferencing.* Of course, it is not compatible
>w/cuseeme and I am not sure if it is working or not. Does anyone have
>connectix videoconfering and what are there experiences with the product.
>It appears to be very hi-tech than cuseeme I was just wondering if more than
>just me have it.
>
>Thanks.
>
>James
>
>p.s. -people should use the *cudemon dialer* to connect to sites. It does
>the hardwork of finding sites b/c it has a database that can be updated and
>it is good addon piece to cornell's version.

Hello James,

I am just curious. When you say that Videophone is more "hi tech" than CU, I
wonder if you could be a bit more precise. Why does it appear more "hi tech"
to you?

Thanks,
Dennis

PS I am curious because I study UI (human-computer interfaces) for computer
products and I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Systems Consultant | CIS: 71036,1645
| CUSeeMe: strev.mobius.net
"Future Technologies in Medicine" +------------------------------
"International Software Development | 415 239-1441
Methodologies" | 415 469-9476 fax
"Human-Computer Interface Design +------------------------------
for Casual Users" | 127 Lake Merced Hill