Re: Meeting people

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Tue, 07 May 1996 16:42:26 -0700

At 04:41 PM 5/7/96 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello all..
>
>I've tried to locate ip adresses where multiple people can logon with cuseeme.
>Sofar I've only found three active ones from bill's list. Can anybody mail me
>such a (bigger) list.
>
>Thanx in advance!

> You just received a pretty important e-mail written by The Excellent Dude
>
> Write him back or visit hiz homepage at http://www.caiw.nl/~bxlend

Hello my friend in Netherlands,

Well, certainly the Cornell and White Pine reflectors are available. But
they are often very busy. I have found that the Kent State reflector is a
pretty reliable one (usually up and usually has space) as is the University
of Hawaii and the University of Queensland (Australia). But unfortunately
what is reliable for a few weeks turns out to have moved or shut down. There
should be a better way of figuring out what is up and what is down, I agree.
Perhaps White Pine is planning to put up some kind of server to give
up-to-the-minute information on what (public) reflectors are available.

Regards,
Dennis