Re: is it me, or am I doing something wrong? It's me. Win95

Joe (jwf2@slip.net)
Fri, 05 Apr 1996 08:28:34 -0800

Daniel W. Erskine wrote:

> Damian Goldstein wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I am tring to view some cuseeme reflectors and am having trouble.
> > >
> > > machine is Ibm Aptiva P5 155Mhz/16 Mb Ram/1.6 Gb.
> > > Certainly seems to be powerful enough.
> > >
> > > I downloaded and installed the software, and even moved Ivslider.dll to
> > > my \windows directory. seemed easy enough. Alas, I have tried
> > > connecting to numerous sites with no avail. Some respond that there are
> > > too many lurkers (ie cornell), which at least i hope is a good sign,
> > > others just say there is no response. I have pinged the machines and
> > > they are alive.
> > >
> > > Furthermore, I run Norton Utilities System Doctor (a performance meter
> > > tool), and everytime I run Cu See-me, the % of CPU used jumps up to %100
> > > and stays up there the whole time Cu see-me is running, which slowes up
> > > my system and has crashed it for me several times( not that it takes
> > > alot to crash Windows, even 95).
> > >
> > > If anyone can suggest some things to try, or tell me what I have messed
> > > up, I would be appreciative.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Damian
>
> Greetings:
> Sounds to me like you're using the "Cornell" version (freeware). If that's
> the case, then the default locations listed in the reflector menus are invalid.
> Try the following locations, and verify you're atleast working:
>
> "reflector.ibm.net"
> "mirror.det.mun.ca"
> "139.88.27.43" <== NASA's read-only site, please!
> "indy.iet.unipi.it" <== University of Italy (little English spoken)
>
> Again, try these out instead, and let us know what you get!
> [=============================================================================]
> "THERE IS NO SANITY... Just organized CHAOS!!!"
> "I'ld rather STAND CORRECTED than SIT CONFUSED!!!"
>
> Daniel W. Erskine "mailto:derskine@apci.net"
> PHONE: (JOB) HUN-TING "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"
> [=============================================================================]Hmmm, I seem to remember seeing a warning somewhere that most refs' cant be
contacted by using there DNS location (somewhere.out.here), and that you must use
the direct IP (255.255.255.255).
--
  Imported.       _________                     Imported.
  22-Jul-95       ______  /______ _____         22-Jul-95