Re: phone barons

Rob Fleetwood (ROBFLEET@ix.netcom.com)
Thu, 09 May 1996 13:10:49 -0700

Folks,

Let's be clear and fair when we refer to "the phone companies". The proposed increase in question
is from the local exchange carriers (LECs) or, the RBOCs -- Bell Atlantic, Nynex, etc. They should
not be confused with either AT&T, Sprint, MCI or other "traditional" long-distance companies. The
term "the phone companies" has no specifity these days. Generalizing can improperly miscast
industry players -- an example: Neither MCI nor AT&T have objected to Internet Phone-type services.

:)
Rob