Re: Reflector List

Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Thu, 09 May 1996 20:09:16 -0500

LiDaNe wrote:

> Hello Listers!
> I am (like many of you) a struggling student...
> There is a tool I need for my computer which many of you may already
> have... I need a video driver for Windows 3.1 --- My original Windows
> installation diskettes are long gone (lent to afriend who moved 3,000
> miles away!)--- I currently have VGA, but I need to get my Windows
> to run in a 256 color (8 Bit) video mode. I ned to have the proper
> driver so I can configure for something like 1024x768x256C, 640x480x256C,
> or similar configuration information.
> I checked thru my Windows system directory hoping a driver might
> already be there but it is not. Could someone PLEASE send me a
> driver?
> I am using Pegasus Mail so you can send an attached file, a zip file,
> a UUENCODED file, any file that you wish.
> I figure if the driver is similar to the VGA driver already in my
> directory, it should be relativelyu easy to make a copy and e-mail it
> to me.
> I am a proud woman and would ordinarily never "beg" for something
> like this, but I really need this to write my paper on video
> teleconferencing, so I am asking Please!
> Thank You Very Much... please repy PRIVATELY to my e-mail address so
> you don't accidentally send the driver to everyone on the list. I
> don't want to make any trouble.
> Kia Nishikawa (at LiDaNe)

Greetings:
Seeing as how you have internet capability, why not FTP over to Microsoft's
archives at <ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/> and download the drivers yourself! This
will be MUCH faster and *nicer* on our ISP's message handling systems (MHS).

Hope this helps,

PHONE: (JOB) HUN-TING "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"