Re:Cornell + WhitePine= Ini.War?

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sun, 12 May 1996 01:09:54 -0500

>Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 11:44:59 -0500
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: "LiDaNe" <lumal@NetHeaven.com>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Cornell + WhitePine= Ini.War?
>
>Hello!
>Problem 1: We have installed the WhitePine CuSeeMe, and are using it---
>BUT we would like to continue to use the Cornell CuSeeMe also,
>maintaining Cornell CuSeeMe's settings.
>Right now, Cornell is not responding probably because the ini files
>in the Windows/system directory belong to WhitePine (Cornell's are
>now listed as Cuseeme.old
>What would be the correct way to restore Cornell while allowing WPine
>to continue? Please DON"T suggest renaming the ini file everytime we
>open a session!

Sorry, but that's the only way for now. I have asked both White Pine and
Cornell to put their ini file in their own directory for this exact reason,
but neither has complied yet.

>Problem 2: We are still contemplating the Quickcam vs.Videocard. We
>have seen a lot of great video with the QCam, but have also seen
>exceptional video (SQueez) with card. Thoughts on this? E-mail us!

Check the people on the "United Nations under CU-SeeMe" section of my web
page. Keith Patterson has color, and his picture looks great. You might
email him or some of those other folks to find out what they are using.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
PC only, no MAC questions, please.