Re:Problem of VideoBlaster SE100.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Wed, 15 May 1996 22:47:10 -0500

>Date: Wed, 15 May 96 10:47:19+090
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: dssong@cs.kwangwoon.ac.kr (Deoksoo Song)
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Problem of VideoBlaster SE100.
>
>Hello!
>I would like to use CuseeMe with a camcoder through VideoBlaster SE100 card.
>But It can't overlay the video stream from VideoBlaster.
>I don't know why.
>I can use cuseeme with QuickCam well.
>Thanks in advance.

First check the file SYSTEM.INI (in the \WINDOWS directory) and make sure
there's an entry in the [drivers] section for msvideo like this:

msvideo=quickcam.drv

There should also be another line like this:

msvideo1=se100drv.dll

or similar name (whatever the driver for the SE100 board is called). If
this line is not there, then you need to run the install program for the
SE100 board to install the drivers.

If you are using the Cornell version, you need to run NOTEPAD or SYSEDIT to
edit system.ini to look like this:

;msvideo=quickcam.drv
msvideo=se100drv.dll

Notice the semicolon (;) in front of the quickcam driver? This turns the
line into a comment. The Cornell version uses msvideo, not msvideo1 or
msvideo2 or any other line. Save the system.ini file and run CU-SeeMe
again, and it should use the SE100 driver this time.

I have a Captivator card and a Quickcam, and when I was on Windows 3.1 I did
that all the time to swap back and forth. You do NOT have to restart
windows after this change.

If you are using the White Pine version, click on Edit/Preferences, and in
the Preferences dialog box, click on the VIDEO tab. Within the VIDEO
section click on the down arrow to the right of "CAPTURE DEVICE" and select
the SE100 from there, click on APPLY, then OK.

FYI: When I have my WP version set to Quickcam, and the Quickcam is not
connected, I get an error message and I can NOT select another capture
driver to use. I have reported this to WP already, and they are looking
into it.

If this doesn't solve your problem, email me your system.ini file, or email
me more specific info, and I'll see what I can do to help.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
PC only, no MAC questions, please.