Re:having problems running on ibm notebook

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Wed, 15 May 1996 23:04:21 -0500

>Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 06:39:43 -0400
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: hirschman <jhirsch@shell.monmouth.com>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: having problems running on ibm notebook
>
>I recently downloaded cuseeme onto a notebook ibm pc and when running the
>software as i have in the past on my desktop PC I kept getting a message
>Capture is missing and then two error windows would come up along with a
>video windows with fuzzy lines and dots in it...said Tom Servo on the top.
>Could the video limitations or drivers play a role in not working on the
>notebook ??? the way I was going in as a lurker no camera was present...

If you are using the Cornell version, just ignore those messages. If you
actually end up with a local video window, then you must have an entry in
system.ini [drivers] section that says "msvideo=" plus some filename. Put a
semicolon (;) in front of this line to get rid of the local video window and
the static in it.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe