RE: cucm chat problem

John W. Osborne (josborne@magna.com.au)
Wed, 15 May 1996 18:58:09 +-1000

Ron....

In my experience, this appears to be a crude bandwidth issue.
You didn't say what speed you are running at, but my guess
would be 14.4. In any case, during times when the chat window
appears not to be "getting through" try freezing -your- video window
type your stuff, then unfreeze. Not having the source code for
CuSeeMe I can't prove it, but it appears to me that if there is new
video material to be sent as well as new chat window information to
be sent, the chat window material "loses out".

Perhaps someone else can verify this?

Regards, John

----------
From: ronp@A.crl.com[SMTP:ronp@A.crl.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 15 May 1996 8:49
To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
Subject: cucm chat problem

I'm brand new to cucm. have the Whitepine enhanced demo version. My
problem is that when I connect with someone else, I can't make the chat
window work. Sometimes, I can see their typing, sometimes can't. Works
in the other direction as well.

I don't even know where to start in correcting this and would sure
appreciate some leads. Thanks from a real newbie!

Ron