Re: Capturing on Mac vs. Windows

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Wed, 15 May 1996 13:14:08 -0700

At 03:01 PM 5/15/96 ARG, you wrote:
>dennis wrote:
>

>> Hello Jazzy,
>>
>> You did not mention what O/S you are using. If you are using Windows95, then
>> I can recommend "SnapShot/32" a shareware program. It works quite well. You
>> can find it at:
>>
>> http://198.207.242.3/authors/gregko/gregko.htm
>>
>> But boy is this one place where I miss my trusty ole Macintosh! With just a
>> fancy hotkey (shift-command-3) I could capture the desktop any old time.
>>

>Its amazing that a lot of people don't know that under windows 3.1
>and windows 95 pressing <ALT-PRTSC> you send the desktop to the
>clipboard. Just paste it back in your favorite app. to edit or print.
>It seems that people don't read HELP files any more.
>(or might be that spanish help files comes different ? :-))
>
>Greetings,
>
>Jorge
>
>E-Mail: jalayon@satlink.com
>Buenos Aires - ARGENTINA

Hola Jorge,

I don't want to start a(nother) PC vs Mac war here! BUTTT... putting one
captured image on the clipboard is hardly an adequate solution. What do you
do if you want to do two captures, (before having processed the first)?

The Mac simply puts those tidy little captured files at the root directly,
all named (Picture 1,2,3,...) with proper timestamps. Ah elegance, is it
lost forever! Come'on Cupertino!

Regards,
Dennis
A Happy Mac User and a Wish-I-Were-Happier Windows95 User

Systems Consultant | CIS: 71036,1645
| CUSeeMe: strev.mobius.net
"Future Technologies in Medicine" | web: www.usr.mobius.net/strev
"International Software Development | 415 239-1441
Methodologies" | 415 469-9476 fax
"Human-Computer Interface Design | 127 Lake Merced Hill
for Casual Users" | San Francisco CA 94132 USA