Re: +++CUdoodle-dilemma+++

Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Wed, 15 May 1996 16:14:51 -0500

LiDaNe wrote:
> Hello fellow CuSeeMe enthusiasts!
> I am desperate after days of tinkering!
> I wrote the doodle master but he may be too busy to reply, so I ask
> any of you:
> I have the CuDoodle.dll now, but i am getting "static" in the video
> window instead of a picture. Am I using the correct procedures?
> I have tried both starting up CuSeeMe first, trhen PaintShopPro to
> display my pic and vice-versa. ONE time it looked like there were 4
> vertically "scrunched" images of what I was trying to display.
> I see a lot of references on the list to SETTINGS... so maybe I need
> to tweak those... The same thing happens on FreeVue...
> As I cannot afford a cam at the moment (and given the lunkeheadedness
> of my computer system which undergoes a major crash whenever I
> introduce it to something new) I would LOVE to get the Doodle working
> properly... You can e-mail me privately or send it to the list...
> that's up to you... (If your e-mail is especially long then just send
> to me)... I am running 14.4modem, 486, 1gig HDD, 8mg Ram...
> If your system is similar, please give me as much info as possible as
> to your structure/settings so I can try to duplicate your success!
> ManyThanks
> Dave Lucas (and Kia Nishikawa) for LiDaNe

Greetings:
Which version of CU-Doodle do you have ("0.6a" or "0.7")? The newer version
has support for CU-SeeMe's new color CODEC for 16M color support. Let's take a
look at your video setup... are you displaying more than 256 colors? If so,
and you're using CU-Doodle 0.6a, try uploading the current version at the URL:

ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/ne/neisuis/cudoodle.zip

Let me know what happens,

PHONE: (JOB) HUN-TING "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"