Re:CU-SeeMe Questions

Keith Blair (thecrow@netcom.com)
Wed, 15 May 1996 18:17:18 -0400

At 11:10 PM 5/15/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Settings, settings, settings. MOST of these types of problems are due to
>incorrect communication settings. You didn't tell us what your trans/rec
>settings are, but I bet they need to be brought down some.

Bill, did you read my message? <Grin> I *did* state what my settings are.
For transmit I have MIN: 1 MAX: 18 (Have tried setting max as low as 5!)
and for receive I have MIN: 1 MAX: 28. This is with a 28.8k modem on a
486/100 w/32mb ram and Win95. (All stated in my original message)

>Also, do NOT use SLIRP unless you really know what you are doing. Slirp
>usually does not work for CU unless you have told it to redirect the data
>back to you (I forget how this is done, but there is a SLIRP FAQ web page
>out there somewhere).

I'm not having a problem that's being caused by SLiRP. I can use CU-SeeMe
just fine with my shell account and SLiRP. I can connect, see people, have
people see me, etc, just as normal. (I've not tried having someone connect
directly to me with it, and that would probably be what YOU are talking
about - but I don't have a desire to try that right now anyway)

Until I run into the problem that I stated in my original message. However I
do not believe this to be related to SLiRP at all since it happens in the
EXACT same manner as on my true PPP account with the same regularity. (ie:
Most of the time, I do connect using my true PPP account.) And, for the most
part, I really do know what I'm doing. :)

Please see my original message, below, again if you'd like.