Re:CU-SeeMe Questions

Keith Blair (thecrow@netcom.com)
Wed, 15 May 1996 22:00:46 -0400

At 08:43 PM 5/16/96 -0500, you wrote:
>OOPS! Sorry about that.

No problem. :)

>This may sound strange, but I'm STILL not exactly sure what the min settings
>are for.

It doesn't sound strange - nobody I've talked to seems to know what it's
for. My guess is that for the send, if the available bandwidth gets real
low, that is the minimum that it will still send at. And for receive, I'm
guessing that it's the minimum that it will pay attention to. (IE: I send at
3 fps and you're set for 5 - you won't see anything I'm sending, until
enough bandwidth is available for me to send at least 5 fps) Anyway, that's
my guess.

** DISCLAIMER! THAT IS A GUESS! DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THAT, OR TAKE IT AS
FACTUAL! **

:)

>You might try raising the MIN to about 10, and see if that makes
>any change.

I've tried that too..

>As far as the "no response" message goes, someone else recently
>said to immediately try to reconnect to the same reflector, and it will
>sometimes go through ok.

Yea, I've never been able to "immediately retry" and get on, but after
awhile, if I try again, it might work. It's almost like it's random. I'll
connect to one site, disconnect from there, go to another, have this
problem, go to another, and connect. Weird if you ask me..

>Re the chat window:
>I have similar problems sometimes. Close and re-open the chat window and
>try again. I find that this USUALLY fixes the problem, but not always.

I'm still trying to figure out what "FILTER", "RESET" and the other one (I
forget) is for.. None of them seem to do anything.. Maybe future expansion?

>Some days I just give up on it...especially when the net seems to be real busy.

Me too. Heh.

Keith Blair thecrow@netcom.com
Creative Concepts crtvecon@concentric.net
http://www.concentric.net/~crtvecom/
PGP ID: 54B854A5 Fingerprint: 729F7679841ED86980AD2D73CCD94ADE
PGP Key: http://netmar.com/~rust-art/creative/pgp-nfo.htm