VideoPhone, telemedicine

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Thu, 16 May 1996 15:29:34 -0700

At 01:33 PM 5/16/96 CST, you wrote:
> Has anyone looked at/used the Connectix VideoPhone? It supposedly
> does ISDN and 'Net but I haven't heard of anyone that has tried it
> out.
>
> Regards-
>
> Phil Elliott
> Sr Communications Engineer
> Hq Air Force Medical Support Agency
> Brooks AFB, Texas
> http://usafsg.brooks.af.mil:88

Actually, no, Phil, I have not personally tried it. But the reviews of it I
have seen are not very encouraging. I sure would like to see Connectix team
up with another video company (why not White Pine!?!) What a great marriage
that would make.

Also, given your sig, are you experimenting with telemedicine in any way? If
so, we should compare notes. I predict an absolute explosion in that area
once these products settle down and graduate into robust, easy to use,
plug-n-play products. The application in mental health, prison health, rural
health, home health, etc etc are mind-boggling.

Regards,
Dennis

Systems Consultant | CIS: 71036,1645
| CUSeeMe: strev.mobius.net
"Future Technologies in Medicine" | web: www.usr.mobius.net/strev
"International Software Development | 415 239-1441
Methodologies" | 415 469-9476 fax
"Human-Computer Interface Design | 127 Lake Merced Hill
for Casual Users" | San Francisco CA 94132 USA