Re: wire tapping

Keith Blair (thecrow@netcom.com)
Mon, 20 May 1996 05:13:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 20 May 1996, elliot smith wrote:

> Good sense dictates that it's probably possible to hack a reflector to
> eaves drop, but It's plain opressive to have to assume that someone is
> listening in. Reflectors are stages for conversations between two or more

I agree. It's like a phone conversation. You go on the assumption that
you can speak freely because the operator isn't listening in, or that the
person on the other end isn't recording the conversation. It's a level of
comfort so to speak.

> conversation and someone new shows up, you can be quiet
> or ping them until the leave

How does this work? Are you talking about a regular ping, but to their IP?

> Someone e-mail Zimmerman. We need PGP-Cu-See-Me!

I think it's slow enough already - decoding stuff would be MUCH too
slow.. Imagine .25 fps.. Eek!

Keith Blair thecrow@netcom.com
http://www.concentric.net/~crtvecon/ crtvecon@concentric.net
PGP ID: 54B854A5 Fingerprint: 729F7679841ED86980AD2D73CCD94ADE
PGP Key: http://www.concentric.net/~crtvecon/pgp-nfo.htm