Re: wire tapping

Keith Blair (thecrow@netcom.com)
Mon, 20 May 1996 11:33:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 20 May 1996 ferret@ovnet.com wrote:

> And as far as a phone conversation goes, alot of places you are
> allowed to record a phone conversation without the other party's
> consent as long as you the caller knows about it. Its just that in
> some states the info is not submissable in court.

I was talking more on a 'manners' type of level. It's rude to record
someone (in any way) without them consenting. At least, I think so. I
wouldn't record people without them consenting to it, unless it was a
blatently public issue. (ie: Public demonstration and the like) But I
guess that's still a gray area..

> I believe there is a federal law that states you must make a caller
> aware your calling him IF the call is coming from or going to another
> state.
>
> I think we need an attorney

Or just a manners FAQ.. :)

Keith Blair thecrow@netcom.com
http://www.concentric.net/~crtvecon/ crtvecon@concentric.net
PGP ID: 54B854A5 Fingerprint: 729F7679841ED86980AD2D73CCD94ADE
PGP Key: http://www.concentric.net/~crtvecon/pgp-nfo.htm