Re: Trumpet..?

Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Tue, 21 May 1996 15:03:04 -0600

Rod Upfold wrote:
> I downloaded the "White Pine's" 30 day trial CU-SeeMe..Everything went
> well installing it....all of a sudden it tells me that it cannot find
> "winsock".
> I am using "Trumpet" isn't this what it is looking for.....
>
> It will turn out to be me no doubt that is the problem..not the software.
>
> Thank you.....
> Rod Upfold E-mail: rupfold@lambton.on.ca

Greetings:
Well... you're *partly* right! Trumpet is a utility that "interfaces" the
"winsock.dll" file with what Windows 3.x (& above) would recognize as a TCP/IP
based internet connection. Basically, WinSock.DLL is a library of routines for
interpreting internet-based functions. Trumpet is the utility that does this.

Hope this explains the terms a little better,

PHONE: (JOB) HUN-TING "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"