Re:Make Host

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Thu, 23 May 1996 21:59:56 -0500

>From: Rod Upfold <rupfold@lambton.on.ca>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Make Host
>
>Which one do I use...(numbers)
>
>Netmask
>Default Gateway
>Name Server
>Domain Suffix.....real words
>
>It tells me that an "IP Address" will change every time I connect...I
>understand - but what numbers do I enter into Make Host????
>
>I sure am confused..........
>
>Thank you...give me an edit suit vcr to fix...

NOT the netmask
NOT the default gateway
NOT the name server
NOT the domain suffix....

If you are using Trumpet, go to the File/Setup screen and look at the IP
Address field. Use the first 3 numbers in that address for makehost.

If you are using Win95's dialup networking, run WINIPCFG (from your
c:\windows directory) and use the IP Address that it shows you.

If you are using Chameleon or any other tcp stack, I'm not familiar with
them, but they should ALL refer to it as your IP address.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
PC only, no MAC questions, please.