Re: Mac video needs a Bill Woodland

David O. Bundy (dbundy@wpine.com)
Fri, 24 May 1996 08:52:51 -0400

Sorry for not being able to keep up with the questions. Unfortunatly we
are busy trying to get the last bugs out of the release so that you will
have a quality Mac product. We are aware of and have fixed many of the
bugs in the Mac trial Beta and are finishing up all these issues which
is why you have not seen a release yet.

Please be patient as we finalize the release to give you a quality product.

Beleive me we are working hard :-) and are aware of the challanges ahead
and are working on new and inovative releases for the future as well!

With your support we are full intending CU-SeeMe to keep it's leadership
role in the industry and we do see and work on the issues that are brought
up in this list even though we do not get time to reply as often as we like.

A big thanks for Bill Woodland for doing such a great job in helping
everyone.

Dave B.

At 04:20 AM 5/24/96 -0400, Kurt Wanfried wrote:
>Bill -
>
>I've been monitoring the CU-SeeMe mail list for a few weeks and must
>compliment Bill Woodland for the patient service he's providing to PC
>users.
>
>In the short time I've been on (and the archives I've searched) I've seen
>him answer the same PC questions over and over.
>
>There are some Mac questions that keep cropping up - the most consistent
>one centers on Macs with built-in video consistently freezing after
>operating fine for a short time.
>
>Nobody ever answers this question.
>
>Doesn't anyone from Cornell or White Pine care?
>
>I know that the Mac software is still beta, but it sure would make a lot of
>people feel good to hear that this problem is recognized and is being
>addressed. The fact that it will operate fine for up to 15 minutes before
>freezing would make it seem that the solution is within reach.
>
>With Netscape's purchase of the videoconferencing company InSoft, White
>Pine can expect a strong challenger to hit the 'Net soon.
>
>Mac may be the No. 2 operating system, however there are still millions of
>users in homes and schools all around the world and any company that wants
>to become the Internet standard writes us off at its own peril.
>
>- Kurt
>
>------> The Sentinel, Pennsylvania's Newspaper of the Year <-----
>Kurt Wanfried, managing editor wanfried@epix.net
>457 E. North St. Carlisle, Pa. 17013 : (717) 697-4611 or 243-2611
>-CumberLink: 33.6kbs local Internet access for Cumberland County-
>------------------> http://www.cumberlink.com <------------------

David O. Bundy
VP Engineering
White Pine Software