Re: color quickcam

Darrell Kitchen (dakitchen@ntr.net)
Fri, 26 May 1995 22:15:33 -0500

Jim Hall wrote:

> Darrell Kitchen wrote:
> >
> > Robert Hsiung wrote:

> > > Those Cornell people create this wonderful fantastic program, for FREE, and
> > > what do they get? Bitching and moaning. Jez.
> > >
> > > dr. bob
> >
> > If I'm not mistaken, even with the "FREE," "wonderful fantastic program," there
> > still is a need to report bugs and problems in order to get the software/
> > application in a proper functional order.
> >
> > So, I just wonder... who's doing the "Bitching and moaning?" Jez!
>
> While what you say is true, bug reporting is essential, I think what dr. Bob (and he echoes
> my sentiments) is the tone which Robert uses...it comes off as impatient and demanding. Now
> if he had PAID for WhitePine's version and it crashed miserably...then I would understand.

Ok... now LAY OFF!!

With people like you lurking around here, downsizing what others do to try to
communicate their particular software problems, WhitePine doesn't need
salesmen. Any software developer needs to know problems in order to fix
them. I'm sure this basic understanding is common knowledge.

But with people like you trying to discourage others in how they express their
emotions. Sounds almost like Nazi Germany, only Internet-style. WhitePine
should be encouraged about that, since you are chaseing away their potential
customers (PAYING... if you feel more comfortable).

Maybe WhitePine should be thanking you personally, that is why I have
forwarded a copy of this to one of WhitePine's personnel. Larry was patient
enough with me when I was having problems with the Color QuickCam and
WhitePine's CU-SeeMe software. I was a bit displeased also because of the
problems I was having, but Larry was most helpful.

So I'm sure you can be a bit more friendlier to people on here...