Re: color quickcam

Joshua A Romandia (cyberco@calweb.com)
Sun, 26 May 1996 20:11:59 -0700 (PDT)

Jim Hall wrote:

> Darrell Kitchen wrote:
> >
> > Robert Hsiung wrote:

> > > Those Cornell people create this wonderful fantastic program, for
>FREE, and
> > > what do they get? Bitching and moaning. Jez.
> > >
> > > dr. bob
> >
> > If I'm not mistaken, even with the "FREE," "wonderful fantastic
>program," there
> > still is a need to report bugs and problems in order to get the software/
> > application in a proper functional order.
> >
> > So, I just wonder... who's doing the "Bitching and moaning?" Jez!
>
> While what you say is true, bug reporting is essential, I think what dr.
>Bob (and he echoes
> my sentiments) is the tone which Robert uses...it comes off as impatient
>and demanding. Now
> if he had PAID for WhitePine's version and it crashed miserably...then I
>would understand.

Ok... now LAY OFF!!

With people like you lurking around here, downsizing what others do to try to
communicate their particular software problems, WhitePine doesn't need
salesmen. Any software developer needs to know problems in order to fix
them. I'm sure this basic understanding is common knowledge.

But with people like you trying to discourage others in how they express their
emotions. Sounds almost like Nazi Germany, only Internet-style. WhitePine
should be encouraged about that, since you are chaseing away their potential
customers (PAYING... if you feel more comfortable).

Maybe WhitePine should be thanking you personally, that is why I have
forwarded a copy of this to one of WhitePine's personnel. Larry was patient
enough with me when I was having problems with the Color QuickCam and
WhitePine's CU-SeeMe software. I was a bit displeased also because of the
problems I was having, but Larry was most helpful.

So I'm sure you can be a bit more friendlier to people on here...

Josh Romandia writes:

I agree!!!!! Why must he make himself sound so powerful when all he is
doing is annoying others? I am not a rude person but when reading what he
has to say, I'm not so nice. I feel that when responding to others post's
HE must remember a very important thing *****He's Not any kind of
"SuperGod". Infact I think that he should really take a look at how he
"acts". Even though none of us actually hear or see him "say" the above
things, most everyone can get a picture of who he is. Let me say, I dont
want to know him! ....I think the fact that someone has a question that
could use an answer is what we were all asked to respond on, not about
anything but the qu etc.... Do you see what many of us are feeling? I
really hate coming home from work and seeing my mail box fool of statements
like yours. I personally want to enjoy life not "Life by Him". So take a
hint and chill guy.....Were only human, especially guys like yourself.

josh r