Re: Survey:dialer needed for the White Pine version?

Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Mon, 27 May 1996 13:15:01 -0600

Bill Woodland wrote:
> I have seen a few references here to the DEMON DIALER and it's
> incompatibility with the White Pine version of CU-SeeMe. I can understand
> the need for a dialer for the Cornell version, but...
>
> Why do you WANT a seperate dialer for the WP version?
>
> Is the built in phone book inadequate?
>
> Do you have problems with it?
>
> Do you have suggestions for improvment in this area?
>
> Y'all (I am from TEXAS, you know) all feel free to toss this one around a bit.
>
> Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
> http://www.realtime.com/~wcw/

Greetings:
Actually, I think that a built-in dialer would be an EXCELLENT idea!!! I think
that the reasoning is to allow users the option to dial directly from workstation-
to-workstation, vice internet connecting!
This would allow for some semblance of better VTC quality. The data stream
would NOT be sent as packets racing around the world, searching out their
destination. Instead, the data would be passed directly to each workstation on
this 2 machine node!

Whatta GREAT option it'ld be...

I'm voting YEA for this feature,

PHONE: (JOB) HUN-TING "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"