Re: Network Video REflector

Joshua Lamorie (jlamorie@schoolnet.ca)
Tue, 28 May 1996 11:45:00 -0400 (EDT)

Gidday Jay,

On Tue, 28 May 1996, Jay Shoup wrote:
> I would be interested in experimenting with reflector-reflector
> connections. My reflector, sailor.imrryr.org is not currently
> setup for reflector-reflector connections or linking but i am
> willing to set it up and experiment with it a bit.

Acutually, I should have said that I am trying to run a 'Network Video'
CLIENT, and I can't connect to any reflectors that are configured to
accept Network Video Connections.

I am however, interested in doing some experiments with
inter-reflector communications. Especially useful for trying to do
conferencing between two highspeed LANs through a slower connection (i.e.
a T1)

Anyway... thanks for your reply.

JOshua

> > I'm trying to work with 'Network Video' and getting it running on
> > a Linux box. I have it up and running to -recvOnly but I can't seem to find
> > a reflector that allows Network Video Connections...
> >
> > If you know of a reflector that allows connections, and actually
> > has something to look at... please let me know.
> >
> > thanks
> Don't be a stranger, if you do I can't get in the car with you...
> Jay!
> Jashoup@indiana.edu
> http://149.159.15.26/index.html
> FTP : 149.159.15.26 anonymous login
>
> Jay Shoup
> Eigenmann Hall RM 1281
> Indiana University
> Bloomington, Indidiana 47406
> (812)857-2240 <Voice/Fax>
>
> The 'Murphy Factor'.
>
> The law states, "The statistical probability for a successful
> presentation of a concept or idea seeking general acceptance
> is inversely proportional to the number of observers observing
> an experiment or project multiplied by a factor of (.5)".

Joshua Lamorie email: jlamorie@schoolnet.ca
SchoolNet Droid Master

----===**SchoolNet Robotics Centre**===---

http://www.schoolnet.ca/robotics/