Re: when clicking on csm link only getting a web page with IP

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Tue, 28 May 1996 19:18:10 -0500

>Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 14:20:24 -0700
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: "Richard K. Wells" <rkwells@spacelab.net>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: when clicking on csm link only getting a web page with IP and
discussion group

>I am having trouble using webpage links to feed cu-seeme an address.
>When clicking on csm link only getting a web page with IP and discussion
>group. Any help possible. I already have x-cu-seeme installed as mime
>application in Netscape nav 3.0 gold beta to lauch White Pines 32bit
>version on Win95. But nothing happens. However if the IP is in the
>phone book it can be dialed. A few will work. Most of them timeout with
>no connection. Some come back with max users now try later, etc.
>--
>Richard K. Wells, Wells Group, Ltd.
>185 East 85th Street, New York, NY 10028
>212-426-1000 Tel., 212-369-6731 Fax.
>rkwells@spacelab.net, http://www.dossier.com

This info right from the White Pine CU-seeMe manual (abbreviated...I'm too
lazy to type the whole thing):

web page link points to a .cu or .csm file

.cu or .csm file contains:
ip address
conf#
file options

file options can be:[settings]
max windows=n
[flow control]]
maxcap=n
mincap=n
useflowcontrol=yes or no
[connect options]
iwillsendvideo=yes or no
iwillrecvvideo=yes or no
iwillsendaudio=yes or no
iwillrecvaudio=yes or no

web server must include application/x-cu-seeme cu csm

web browser must have mime type:application and mime subtype:x-cu-seeme and
file extensions of .cu and .csm

windows users: make sure Enhanced CU is in your path, or specify the entire
pathname for the exe file when setting up the mime type in Netscape.

I think the problem may be with your web SERVER, not your web BROWSER. You
will have to ask your ISP to include the "application/x-cu-seeme cu csm"
line in their web server config file, and to restart the http daemon.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
PC only, no MAC questions, please.