Re:error messages

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Tue, 28 May 1996 19:18:13 -0500

>Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 13:11:56 -0600
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: "Craig Martin" <kraager@intrnet.net>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: error messages
>
>3 weeks ago i installed a quickcam + cuseeme. All was fine till last
>Thursday, 5/23/96. At this time, CuSeeMe started giving me the error
>message "Capture device was not detected" followed by another error
>message "invalid handle". Yet, if i go to connectix, and use
>QuickPic, everything is detected, and functions fine. I have tried
>deleting all cuseeme files and reinstalling them, as well as the
>connectix files. I called connectix, and they have no clue as to what
>is happening. Any Help you can give me on this matter will be
>gratefully accepted. Thank you for yout time, trouble, and patience.
>Craig Martin
>Craig Martin; A Gentleman and a gentle man.

Are you on Win95? If so, check under Control panel, multimedia, advanced,
capture devices, and make sure the quickcam shows up there, still, and then
click on Properties and make sure that "Use this video capture device" still
has the check mark by it.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe