Re:Still have problems with ip number/hosts with Win95

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Tue, 28 May 1996 21:11:44 -0500

>Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 20:44:29 -0500 (CDT)
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Still have problems with ip number/hosts with Win95
>
>I've done everything everyone has told and suggested and still no CuSeeMe!
>
>I still get message eluding to the fact that it can't find my ip number.
>
>I'll put in the number in the hosts file in c:\windows but I also have the
>ip dialup adapter and the modem and all that crap configured properly.
>
>I'm frustrated but still open to suggestions.
>
>Jay Quinn
>CuSeeMeless
>
>--
>Jay Quinn
>Internet: jpquinn@cyberramp.net
>Web Page: www.cyberramp.net/~jpquinn
>* PGP Public Key Upon Request Only

Read the GetHostByName() Error section of my web page, ESPECIALLY the part
about the DNS. If your ISP has a DNS, then you shouldn't need the hosts
file at al, but you gotta enter their DNS's IP number in your tcp stack.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
PC only, no MAC questions, please.