Re: full-duplex audio

Joshua Lamorie (jlamorie@schoolnet.ca)
Wed, 29 May 1996 10:26:06 -0400 (EDT)

Gidday there,

On Sun, 28 Apr 1996, adrualdi wrote:
> I use cu-seeme and I connect to another station
> (Windows NT) running CU-seeme. The problem is that
> the audio (we don't have any camera installed) is
> half-duplex: we use sound blaster 16 bit card.
> Any suggestion?

I'm sorry if this is pointless, but WHY do you need full-duplex
audio? I can understand if you are wanting to do testing, but that is in
the configuration set up for a reflector.

It seems to me to be a waste of bandwidth to have full-duplex.
Perhaps I am getting confused.

My understanding of the word Full-Duplex is that every packet
that you send is sent back when it is received at the destination.
Doesn't CuSeeMe use UDP? The whole idea of UDP is a simple, very fast
protocol without all of the error checking overhead.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

JOshua

Joshua Lamorie email: jlamorie@schoolnet.ca
SchoolNet Droid Master