Re CU on GNN

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Wed, 29 May 1996 23:59:31 -0500

>Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 10:48:03 -0500 (CDT)
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: Gary Melander <garym@onramp.net>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>
>Does anyone know how (or IF) you can run CU on GNN? I'm trying to get a
>friend set up and have had some trouble getting GNN to allow the use of
>other on-line software. She's on a 133 Mhz Pentium based PC with Win 3x.
>Thanks.

If you get a REAL slip or ppp connection from them, and use a REAL winsock
like Trumpet or win95 dial up networking, then it should work, unless GNN
blocks UDP port 7648. I have friends that had some bandwidth trouble with
them, tho. It seems their winsock setup has flow control set off as a
default, if I remember correctly. I'll check with them to make sure and get
back to the list if I find out differently.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
PC only, no MAC questions, please.