Re:killing your own messages from the list

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Thu, 30 May 1996 22:31:02 -0700

At 06:18 PM 5/30/96 -0500, Bill Woodland wrote:
>>Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 12:29:12 -0700
>>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>>From: LL <llacey@cris.com>
>>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>>
>>Whats the command to surpress reception of my own posts to the list. I get
>>enough mail without also receiving my own posts.. Thanks in advance..
>>
>>Lenny
>>

>As far as I know, there ain't one. Use the filter, or rules, or kill file
>to sort your own messages out. I use Eudora, and made another mailbox for
>my own messages to go into, and that keeps them out of my way, but also
>stores them for sending again to any one person that needs the same info.
>
>Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
>Squeek on Undernet IRC
>Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
>PC only, no MAC questions, please.
>http://www.realtime.com/~wcw/

Well I rarely endorse products, but if you are on a Mac or PC, you really
should consider Eudora Pro for your email -- simply the best email product
around. Among its many marvels is a "filter" system which can be programmed
to do all sorts of marvelous things. I use a filter to send any message
which has "unsubscribe" in the subject immediately to the trash. I also use
a filter to send any message from myself to the list to the trash (as I
already have a copy in my Out basket). Then again maybe they belong in the
trash anyway! :)

Regards,
Dennis

Systems Consultant | CIS: 71036,1645