Your IP address, reflector net-iquette

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Fri, 31 May 1996 19:11:27 -0700

At 03:45 PM 5/31/96 -0700, you wrote:
> How do I find out what my IP address is? I do not see my self listed as a
>participant when I look at the participants list.
>
> Next is there any kind of etiquette that should be followed while using
>CU-SeeMe?

Tim,

In the "main window" of CU or ECU you will find two panels. One which gives
the IP of the address you are calling, and one which gives YOUR (current) IP
address. Look there for it.

As far as etiquette is concerned, yes, I think there are some points which
are the usual basic courtesies:

1) No unwelcome sexual advances unless you clearly on a sexually oriented
reflector.

2) Don't send a blank output or a useless output with your camera on. Turn
your camera off and save the bandwidth.

3) Don't send meaningless audio, especially to all participants on a reflector.

4) Do all those things which your mother taught you were courteous,
friendly, and helpful to other people. You can't go far from wrong.

Cheers,
Dennis

PS Anybody care to add to the above list?

Systems Consultant | CIS: 71036,1645
| CUSeeMe: strev.mobius.net
-Future Technologies in Medicine | web: www.usr.mobius.net/strev
Methodologies | 415 469-9476 fax