Re: Hauppauge WinCast/TV Card

Mark L. Bardenwerper (bardenwe@vbe.com)
Thu, 01 May 1997 22:21:22 -0500

Thomas E. Amato wrote:
> Mark,
>
> You have a digital camera too along with your QuickCAM? I
> haven't tried these together, but, shouldn't be a problem. Just
> select the "SOURCE" you wish to use as the default camera in the
> "VIDEO" section under "Preferences". I use 2.1.1 (Enhanced
> CuSeeME). If you're using the Cornell version it might be little
> different.
>
> For sound, I use the external cable and connect the sound out on
> WinCast to the "LINE-IN" on my sound card (SoundBlaster).
>
> That should be it. It works great for me. Good luck and let me
> know if you need more help.
>
> -tom-
Yes, I did have a QuickCam on but I took it off. It did light up inside
of the Haup cap program. It was selectable under "Capture" button. I
also found that the CU program will not use any "Video Format" but 15
bit RGB. Also the settings must be made, then the capture program
exited. CU will open the window automatically.