Re: Wpine beta 3.0 for Win95

Ken Lyon (ken@readadp.com)
Sun, 4 May 1997 09:14:51 -0400

Which codec(s) do you have installed?
Which codec do you have selected?
Which Quickcam - color or b/w?
If you need a color code mjpeg replacement, try: http://www.pmatrix.com/good
ies.htm

...ken
----
From: Mensch <mensch@apk.net>
To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
Date: Sunday, May 04, 1997 7:12 AM
Subject: Wpine beta 3.0 for Win95

Has anyone else experienced problems with the new beta version, 3.0 for
win95? While the software is loading I get a message "The local video
source could not be created". Then when I connect to a reflector within
the
video display area I get a series of blank or empty squares each one
displaing the message "Compatible codec not installed". When I run the
registered version 2.1.1 it works fine. I am using a quickcam with sofware
@ version 2.1.

Any help would be appreciated. Tried White Pine tech support, but after
one
useless e-mail message, they never followed up to subsequent request for
assistance.

Thanks