Re: Using QuickCam for Astronomical Work

The mad Scientist! (s324131@student.uq.edu.au)
Mon, 5 May 1997 14:31:59 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Rowland Carver wrote:

> Has anyone used a QuickCAm with CU-SEE-ME program for astronomical work?
>
> I am currently setting up experimental lenses to do this. Am interested in
> others doing same. Contact me via e-mail at above address. I am a member of
> the Lehigh Valley Amateur Astronomical Society. Any helpful comment will be
> appreciated.
> Sincerely, Rowland K. Carver in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. USA

I don't know a great deal about astronomy, but I don't think the QuickCam
is very light-sensitive. You would probably have better luck/results with
a good video camera (I assume astronomers know a fair bit about this
topic, and which are best), which you can connect to a video capture card
in the computer.

Why exactly do you want to involve CU-SeeMe?

s324131@student.uq.edu.au