Re: first problem is connection problem....

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Tue, 06 May 1997 20:44:07 -0500

At 05:04 PM 5/6/97 +0200, Gerard LAPERTOT wrote:
>hello everybody,
>
>i've just downloaded the cu-seeme software and installation took place
>"normaly" BUT the only message i can obtained is "unable to connect=
to"<name
>of the reflector>, Have i to tune something more ?
>
>every net application (i.e. netscape, eudora.....) works fine on my pc, so
>what to do ?
>
>i'm using a gateway pentium PC 100mhz with a professional net connection,
>somebody tell me about possible troubleshootings coming from firewalls, if
>this is the case how can i fix it ?=20
>
>i think by advance anyone who will answer, read you soon.......

Make sure your transmit and receive settings aren't set too high. If you're
using a 28.8 modem, try setting your transmit max and your receive max both
to about 20 and adjust from there for best results.

Bill Woodland (Squeek =A9)
PC questions only, please.
URL:http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW