Re: CU-SeeMe Practice

Mark L. Bardenwerper (bardenwe@vbe.com)
Sat, 10 May 1997 09:22:42 -0500

Chantel Gonsalves- Brown wrote:

> Hello all
>
> Does anyone have some time to help me get a consistant connection with
> Enhanced CU-SeeMe? I am on a 28.8 modem and I know that is not the
> greatest but where I live that is just about the best connection,
> unfortuately I am 300 ft from getting an ISDN line and no 56k modem ISPs
> yet.
>
> I am having trouble with my free mike and the built-in mike. I would
> like to connect with someone to use the sound. I am on the east coast
> time zone of the USA.
>
> If you are on now - it's great. If not can we practice some time
> tomorrow Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I am a volunteer helping to
> get this working for some children's hospital sites.
>
> IP# 206.119.134.176
>
> Many thanks
> Chantel
> Parent Director
> "Bearable Times"
> The Kids' Hospital Network
> http://www.tiac.net/users/bearkids
I am afraid that you will have poor success with voice. I would suggest
sticking with text for the most part. Has anyone had success with voice
with any consistency? If so, what was your formula?
I wonder if CU would work with voice recognition software, such as
http://www.kurzweil.com/pcapps/voicepad/download.html? This would extend
its use to handicapped.