RE: New Windows Version Available From Cornell (0.92b1)

Jack Slater (hotkey@revealed.net)
Wed, 14 May 1997 06:45:21 -0500

I've downloaded this new version. I've also seen a "phonebook.ini" listed
on Bill Woodlands page but it refers to a 92b2. Will this work with the new
release?
If so, how?
Jack

On Tuesday, May 13, 1997 10:35 AM, Steve Edgar [SMTP:se10@cornell.edu]
wrote:
> There is a new release of CU-SeeMe for Windows from Cornell University
> (0.92b1). The release is available from:
>
> http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu
>
> There is a link near the top of the page to the "CU-SeeMe Windows V0.92
> Visual User's Guide". There is a "Download It!" button on the front page
> of the Visual User's Guide. If you want to link directly to the Visual
> User's Guide, go to:
>
> http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/V32X/V32XFront.html
>
> Thanks go to Bill Woodland, who did the design and QA on the new Phone
> Book; to the developer relations folks at ATI, who generously donated a
3D
> RAGE II and TV Tuner card, so I could add support for the TV Tuner card
in
> this version; and to Tom Parker, the author of the Visual User's Guide.
>
> Be sure and check out the Visual User's Guide for information on the new
> features.
>
> There are 3 new features in this version:
>
> 1) Phone Book
> 2) ATI TV Tuner support
> 3) IP Address on Status Bar
>
> Phone Book
> There is finally a phone book, which is indeed long overdue. Each entry
in
> the phone book has its own conference ID, send/recv rates, and video
options.

> Some quick Phone Book notes:
>
> 1) Check "Auto-close" to have the Phone Book close automatically after
> pressing
> the "Connect" button. Leave "Auto-close" unchecked to keep the Phone
Book